When I hired my first employee at MarketBeat in 2013, I decided that I wanted to build a company that doesn’t look like any other company in town. The goal was to create a company that set aside the things that almost everyone dislikes about working in an office environment and build a company that is both wildly profitable and truly a joy to work at. We didn’t want cubicles, rigid hours, inflexible policies, or other common corporate annoyances. We wanted to create a company that allows technology and marketing professionals to do interesting work that millions of users will see and use daily, while having fun in the process and recognizing that employees have lives outside of work.
Over the last ten years, we’ve done just that. We have built a world-class financial media company that publishes stock market news and information to more than 2.6 million investors every morning. More than 10 million people visit our website each month, and we send out more than two billion emails each year. Having made the Inc. 5000 list for the last six consecutive years, we are growing quickly, and our work is always changing. We leverage the latest technology and modern marketing best practices to grow our audience and serve our customers.
We also like to have fun. You may remember the MarketBeat Burger that we launched last year as part of the DTSF Burger Battle or our charity beer that supported local animal rescue groups, MarketBrew. We gifted the city a holiday plaza to encourage shoppers to support downtown businesses last Christmas season. We are also a lead sponsor of Sioux Falls’ annual community fireworks show. In addition to our community service projects, we do fun things together, like renting out an arcade for lunch, going on helicopter rides, and attending outdoor concerts together.
We also try to create a work environment where our employees look forward to coming into the office and starting the workweek on Monday mornings. We built one of the coolest offices in town, that features a salt water fish tank, an espresso machine, unlimited snacks and drinks, and a variety of seating choices. We regularly have catered lunches, and Queen City Bakery is right next door whenever you need a snack or a coffee drink. We also recognize the need for flexibility in today’s frenetic world and allow our employees to flex their time and work at home a couple of days each week.
We think MarketBeat is among the best places to work in Sioux Falls and hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions (at the bottom of this article).
Let’s Talk About Benefits:
We take care of our employees. Here are the benefits we offer:
- Health Insurance – We cover 100% of your health insurance cost (or 50% of your family’s cost) and have a high-deductible health plan that allows you to receive medical care at both Sanford and Avera.
- 401K – We have a generous 401K plan at Vanguard where we contribute 8% of your salary to your retirement plan, without you having to contribute anything at all.
- Maternity Policy – We have a generous maternity policy (100% of base pay for 6 weeks, and 50% of base pay for another 6 weeks), and our future office at Cherapa II will have a dedicated mother’s room.
- Paid Time Off – We offer 15 days of PTO each year to all full-time employees and take 9 paid holidays off each year.
- Flexible Office Environment – We allow our employees to flex their hours and work from home 2-3 days each week. We don’t require employees to use PTO for quick things like haircuts, dentist appointments, and oil changes.
- Charitable Giving Matching Program – We’ll match 100% of your charitable donations, up to $2,000 each year.
- Queen City Bakery – We are right next door to the best coffee shop in town. We’ll give you a $250.00 Queen City Bakery gift card when you start with the company and add $100.00 to your card on your birthday.
- Volunteer Time Off – Want to serve on a non-profit board or volunteer with a community service organization? No problem. We have a volunteer time-off policy to encourage community participation
- Office Lunch – We provide catered lunch in the office at least once per week.
- Sabbatical – Every five years, you’ll receive an additional 80 hours of PTO and $5,000 to take the trip of a lifetime, wherever you want to go!
Our Core Values:
- Automate Everything – We use software to automate everything that can be automated.
- Data Driven Decisions – We use data, analysis, and testing to make smart business decisions.
- Dependability Matters – We follow through on our commitments and get our work done.
- Embrace Flexibility – We trust our team to get the job done, whenever and wherever.
- Fun Workplace – We strive to create a workplace where we enjoy going to work every morning.
- Giving Back – We regularly find new and innovative ways to support the community we live in.
- One Team – We all row the boat in one direction, helping our fellow teammates when needed.
- Work/Life Balance – We pursue our personal passions and interests outside of work.
We currently have three open positions we are hiring for:
Digital Marketing Strategist
MarketBeat is looking for an experienced digital marketing strategist to drive new social media, conversion optimization, and search engine optimization (SEO) initiatives at the company. MarketBeat’s digital marketing strategist will join the company’s growth team responsible for email list growth and new customer acquisition. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Internet-based businesses, social media marketing campaigns, or search engine optimization campaigns. For this position, you should be creative and comfortable working with a team. Having a basic understanding of investing and the stock market is a plus, but not a requirement.
MarketBeat is looking to expand its web development team as the company continues to grow, develop additional research tools, and expand its distribution. MarketBeat uses a Microsoft technology stack, including ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server. The ideal candidate will have several years of web or mobile development experience and have experience working in a team development environment. Our current development team consists of Matt Paulson, Rebecca McKeever, Ryan Quam, and Rebekah VanMaanen. This is a fast-paced, senior development team that innovates on the fly in rapid development sprints. Candidates need to be comfortable working independently without a lot of direct management oversight. This position will report to Rebecca McKeever, MarketBeat’s software development lead.
Mobile App Developer
MarketBeat is seeking to expand its software development team as the company continues to grow, develop additional research tools, and expand its distribution. MarketBeat uses a Microsoft technology stack, including ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server, for its web presence. The company’s mobile application is powered by React Native. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of mobile development experience and have experience working in a team development environment.
Our current development team consists of Matt Paulson, Rebecca McKeever, Ryan Quam, and Rebekah VanMaanen. This is a fast-paced, senior development team that innovates on the fly in rapid development sprints. Candidates need to be comfortable working independently without a lot of direct management oversight. This position will report to Rebecca McKeever, MarketBeat’s software development lead.
If one of these positions sounds like it was written for you, you can apply online at jobs.marketbeat.com. Feel free to send any questions you have about these positions to William Bushee at [email protected] We’d love to hear from you.